Thursday, May 22, 2014

Treasure Chest Thursday ~ A Son Remembers


This small creamer belonged to my paternal grandmother, Mary Allye Steele Edmonds.  She was known to have many such 'what-nots' displayed on shelves throughout her home.
The dating of this creamer is unknown at this time.  However, my father, who was born in 1927, remembered seeing it when he was a very young child.  He remembered being quite fascinated with the scene on the front of the creamer.
When his mother passed away in 1969, the little creamer found its new home on a shelf in the Old Steele House where I grew up.

This treasure once again has a new home.  Today, it sits on the fireplace mantle in my home.  It serves as a reminder of my father's childhood fascination.  A fascination which I now share.



No comments:

Post a Comment